Sunday 1 September 2013

1964 USA Hit Parade

Listen to all 1964 hits on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktYx_ATued0

JANUARY 11, 1964

1.  There, I've said it again  -  Bobby Vinton
2.  Forget him  -  Bobby Rydell 
3.  Sufin' bird  -  The Trashmen
4.  Out of limits (Instr.)  -  The Marketts 
5.  Hey little cobra  -  The Rip Chords     

6.  Talk back trembling lips  -  Johnny Tillotson
7.  Quicksand  -  Martha & The Vandellas
8.  The nitty gritty  -  Shirley Ellis 
9.  Midnight Mary  -  Joey Powers 
10. Pretty paper  -  Roy Orbison 


FEBRUARY  1, 1964

1.  I want to hold your hand  -  The Beatles
2.  You don't own me  -  Lesley Gore
3.  Um, um, um, um, um, um  -  Major Lance    
4.  Anyone who had a heart  -  Dionne Warwick
5.  Dawn (Go away)  -  The Four Seasons 

6.  Java  -  Al Hirt
7.  What kind of fool (Do you think I am?)  -  The Tams
8.  For you  -  Ricky Nelson 
9.  California sun  -  The Rivieras  
10. Navy blue  -  Diane Renay 


MARCH 7, 1964

1.  She loves you  -  The Beatles
2.  Please, please me  -  The Beatles 
3.  Suspicion  -  Terry Stafford 
4.  Fun, fun, fun  -  The Beach Boys
5.  Stop and think it over  -  Dale & Grace

6.  My heart belongs to only you  -  Bobby Vinton 
7.  See the funny little clown  -  Bobby Goldsboro 
8.  I love you more and more every day  -  Al Martino 
9.  Kissin' cousins  -  Elvis Presley
10. Needles and pins  -  The Searchers   


APRIL  4, 1964

1.  Can't buy me love  -  The Beatles
2.  Twist and shout  -  The Beatles
3.  Do you want to know a secret?  -  The Beatles  
4.  The shoop shoop song (It's in his kiss)  -  Betty Everett  
5.  Glad all over  -  The Dave Clark Five

6.  Don't let the rain come down (Crooked little man)  -  The Serendipity Singers 
7.  Dead Man's curve  -  Jan & Dean 
8.  It hurts me  -  Elvis Presley  
9.  You're a wonderful one  -  Marvin Gaye
10. We love The Beatles  -  The Carefrees


MAY 9, 1964 

1.  Hello Dolly!  -  Louis Armstrong 
2.  My guy  -  Mary Wells
3.  Love me do  -  The Beatles
4.  Bits and pieces  -  The Dave Clark Five 
5.  It's over  -  Roy Orbison

6.  White on white  -  Danny Williams 
7.  Ronnie  -  The Four Seasons 
8.  That's the way boys are  -  Lesley Gore 
9.  Kiss me, sailor  -  Diane Renay 
10. Slip-in mules  -  Sugar Pie DeSanto 

JUNE 6, 1964

1.  Chapel of love  -  The Dixie Cups
2.  I get around  -  The Beach Boys  
3.  Love me with all your heart (Cuando calienta el sol) - The Ray Charles Singers 
4.  (Just like) Romeo and Juliet  -  The Reflections
5.  People  -  Barbra Streisand  

6.  Little children  -  Billy J.Kramer 
7.  P.S. I love you  -  The Beatles 
8.  Diane  -  The Bachelors 
9.  Bad to me  -  Billy J.Kramer
10. Good times  -  Sam Cooke   


JULY 4, 1964

1.  A world without love  -  Peter & Gordon 
2.  Rag doll  -  The Four Seasons
3.  I get around  -  The Beach Boys
4.  My boy lollipop  -  Millie Small
5.  The girl from Ipanema  -  Astrud Gilberto & Stan Gets

6.  Don't let the sun catch you crying  -  Gerry & The Pacemakers
7.  Walk on by  -  Dionne Warwick 8.  Memphis  -  Johnny Rivers
9.  No particular place to go  -  Chuck Berry
10.  Keep on pushing  -  The Impressions


AUGUST 1, 1964

1.  A hard day's night  -  The Beatles 
2.  Everybody loves somebody  -  Dean Martin
3.  The little old lady (from Pasadena)  -  Jan & Dean
4.  Under the board walk  -  The Drifters  
5.  Wishin' and hopin'  -  Dusty Springfield

6.  Dang me (C&W)  -  Roger Miller 
7.  Can't you see that she's mine?  -  The Dave Clark Five
8.  I wanna love him so bad  -  The Jelly Beans
9.  C'mon and swim  -  Bobby Freeman
10. I should have known better  -  The Beatles 

SEPTEMBER 5, 1964 

1.  Where did our love go?  -  The Supremes
2.  The house of the risin' sun  -  The Animals
3.  Because  -  The Dave Clark Five
4.  G.T.O.  -  Ronny & The Daytonas 
5.  Walk-don't run '64  -  The Ventures
  
6.  How do you do it?  -  Gerry & The Pacemakers
7.  Bread and butter  -  The Newbeats
8.  It hurts to be in love  -  Gene Pitney
9.  Remember (Walkin' in the sands)  -  The Shangri-las
10. Save it for me  -  The Four Seasons  


OCTOBER 3, 1964

1.  Oh, pretty woman  -  Roy Orbison 
2.  Do wah diddy diddy  -  Manfred Mann
3.  Dancing in the street  -  Martha & The Vandellas
4.  Last kiss - J.Frank Wilson & The Cavaliers
5.  We'll sing in the sunshine  -  Gale Garnett

6.  A summer song  -  Chad Stuart & Jeremy Clyde 
7.  When I grow up to be a man  -  The Beach Boys
8.  Little Honda  -  The Hondells 
9.  Chug-a-lug  -  Roger Miller 
10. Baby I need your loving  -  Four Tops 


NOVEMBER 7, 1964

1.  Baby love  -  The Supremes
2.  Leader of the pack  -  The Shangri-las 
3.  Ringo  -  Lorne Greene
4.  She's not there  -  The Zombies
5.  Come a little bit closer  -  Jay & The Americans

6.  Have I the right?  -  The Honeycombs
7.  You really got me  -  The Kinks
8.  The door i still open to my heart  -  Dean Martin
9.  Let it be me  -  Betty Everett & Jerry Butler
10. Montain of love  -  Johnny Rivers 


DECEMBER 19, 1964

1.  Come see about me  -  The Supremes
2.  Mr. Lonely  -  Bobby Vinton
3.  She's a woman  -  The Beatles   
4.  Time is on my side  -  The Rolling Stones 
5.  I'm gonna be strong  -  Gene Pitney 

6.  Dance, dance, dance  -  The Beach Boys
7.  The jerk  -  The Larks 
8.  The wedding  -  Julie Rogers
9.  Leader of the laundromat  -  The Detergents  
10. Without the one you love  -  Four Tops

No comments:

Post a Comment