Sunday 1 September 2013

1965 USA Hit Parade

Listen to all 1965 hits on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5fC00-0BNA

JANUARY 2,  1965

1.  I feel fine  -  The Beatles
2.  You've lost that lovin' feeling  -  The Righteous Brothers 
3.  Love potion number nine  -  The Searchers
4.  Goin' out of my head  -  Little Anthony & The Imperials 
5.  Keep searchin'  -  Del Shannon

6.  How sweet it is to be loved by you  -  Marvin Gaye 
7.  The name game  -  Shirley Ellis 
8.  Hold what you've got  -  Joe Tex
9.  All day and all of the night  -  The Kinks 
10. Amen  -  The Impressions  

FEBRUARY 6, 1965 

1.  Downtown  -  Petula Clark 
2.  This diamond ring  -  Gary Lewis & The Playboys
3.  The boy from New York City  -  The Ad Libs
4.  I go to pieces  -  Peter & Gordon 
5.  Shake  -  Sam Cooke

6.  The jolly green giant  -  The Kingsmen
7.  Lemon tree  -  Trini Lopez
8.  Paper tiger  -  Sue Thompson
9.  Use your head  -  Mary Wells
10. Ferry cross the Mersey  -  Gerry & The Pacemakers


MARCH 13, 1965

1.  Eight days a week  -  The Beatles
2.  My girl  -  The Temptations
3.  The birds and the bees  -  Jewel Akens
4.  Tell her no  -  The Zombies 
5.  King of the road  -  Roger Miller

6.  Shotgun  -  Jr. Walker & The All Stars
7.  Goldfinger  -  Shirley Bassey
8.  Can't you hear my heartbeat?  -  Herman's Hermits
9.  Red roses for a blue lady  -  Vic Dana
10. When I'm gone  -  Brenda Holloway    


APRIL 3, 1965

1.  Stop! In the name of love  -  The Supremes 
2.  Game of love  -  Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders
3.  I'm telling you now  -  Freddie & The Dreamers
4.  I know a place  -  Petula Clark  
5.  Tired of waiting for you  -  The Kinks 

6.  Go now!  -  Moody Blues 
7.  The clapping songs  -  Shirley Ellis     
8.  Nowhere to run  -  Martha & The Vandellas
9.  Silhouettes  -  Herman's Hermits
10. She's about a mover  -  Sir Douglas Quintet     


MAY 1, 1965

1.  Mrs. Brown you've got a lovely daughter  -  Herman's Hermits
2.  Ticket to ride  -  The Beatles 
3.  I'll never find another you  -  The Seekers 
4.  Count me in  -  Gary Lewis & The Playboys
5.  Crying in the chapel  -  Elvis Presley

6.  Back in my arms again  -  The Supremes
7.  Cast your fate to the wind (Instr.)  -  Sounds Orchestral 
8.  Just once in my life  -  The Righteous Brothers 
9.  I'll be doggone  -  Marvin Gaye
10. The last time  -  The Rolling Stones


JUNE 12, 1965

1.  Help me, Rhonda  -  The Beach Boys
2.  Wooly Bully  -  Sam the Sham & The Pharaos 
3.  For your love  -  The Yardbirds 
4.  Wonderful world  -  Herman's Hermits 
5.  It's not unusual  -  Tom Jones

6.  Engine Engine #9  -  Roger Miller  
7.  Just a little  -  The Beau Brummels
8.  Hush, hush sweet Charlotte  -  Patti Page
9.  Seventh son  -  Johnny Rivers
10. Before and after  -  Chad & Jeremy 


JULY 3, 1965

1.  I can't help myself  -  Four Tops
2.  (I can't get no) Satisfaction  -  The Rolling Stones
3.  Mr. Tambourine Man  -  The Byrds
4.  What's new pussycat?  -  Tom Jones
5.  I'm Henry the Eighth, I am  -  Herman's Hermits ]

6.  What the world needs now  -  Jackie DeShannon 
7.  Yes, I'm ready  -  Barbara Mason 
8.  You turn me on  -  Ian Whitcomb
9.  Cara mia  -  Jay & The Americans  
10. I like it like that  -  The Dave Clark Five 


AUGUST 14, 1965

1.  I got you babe  -  Sonny & Cher
2.  Unchained melody  -  The Righteous Brothers
3.  California girls  -  The Beach Boys
4.  Save your heart for me  -  Gary Lewis & The Playboys]
5.  It's the same old song  -  Four Tops

6.  Hold me, thrill me, kiss me  -  Mel Carter
7.  Down in the Boondocks  -  Billy Joe Royal 
8.  Don't just stand there  -  Patty Duke
9.  Papa's got a brand new bag  -  James Brown
10. Pretty little baby  -  Marvin Gaye 


SEPTEMBER 11, 1965

1.  Help  -  The Beatles
2.  Like a rolling stone  -  Bob Dylan
3.  Eve of destruction  -  Barry McGuire
4.  Hang on Sloopy  -  The McCoys
5.  The 'in' crowd  -  Ramsey Lewis Trio 

6.  You were on my mind  -  We Five
7.  Catch us if you can  -  The Dave Clark Five
8.  It ain't me babe  -  The Turtles
9.  Heart full of soul  -  The Yardbirds
10. Laugh at me  -  Sonny


OCTOBER 9, 1965

1.  Yesterday  -  The Beatles
2.  A lover's concerto  -  The Toys
3.  Treat her right  -  Roy Head 
4.  You've got your troubles  -  The Fortunes
5.  Do you believe in magic?  -  The Lovin' Spoonful

6.  Keep on dancing  -  The Gentrys
7.  Just a little bit better  -  Herman's Hermits
8.  Baby don't go  -  Sonny & Cher
9.  You're the one  -  The Vogues
10. Make me your baby  -  Barbara Lewis  


NOVEMBER 13, 1965

1.  Get off of my cloud  -  The Rolling Stones
2.  I hear a symphony  -  The Supremes
3.  1 - 2 - 3  -  Len Barry
4.  Everybody loves a clown  -  Gary Lewis & The Playboys
5.  Taste of honey  -  Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass

6.  Positively 4th Street  -  Bob Dylan 
7.  Rescue me  -  Fontella Brass
8.  My baby  -  The Temptations
9.  Where do you go?  -  Cher
10. I found a girl  -  Jan & Dean 


DECEMBER 11, 1965

1.  Turn! Turn! Turn!  -  The Byrds 
2.  Let's hang on  -  The Fours Seasons 
3.  I can never go home anymore  -  The Shangri-las 
4.  Fever  -  The McCoys
5.  Make the world go away (C&W)  -  Eddy Arnold

6.  Ain't that peculiar?  -  Marvin Gaye
7.  England swings  -  Roger Miller 
8.  I will  -  Dean Martin 
9.  She's just my style  -  Gary Lewis & The Playboys 
10. Something about you  -  Four Tops 

No comments:

Post a Comment