Sunday 1 September 2013

1969 USA Hit Parade

Listen to all 1969 hits on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bGm-XUYmWs

JANUARY  18,  1969

1.  Crimson and clover  -  Tommy James & the Shondells
2.  Touch me  -  The Doors
3.  Hooked on a feeling  -  B.J. Thomas
4.  I started a joke  -  Bee Gees 
5.  Son of a preacher man  -  Dusty Springfield 

6.  I'm livin' in shame  -  Diana Ross & the Supremes
7.  Too weak to fight  -  Clarence Parker 
8.  Going up the country  -  Canned Heat
9.  Cinnamon  -  Derek 
10. Can I change my mind  -  Tyrone Davis
Sly & the Family Stone
FEBRUARY  15,  1969

1.  Everyday people  -  Sly & the Family Stone
2.  Build me up buttercup  -  The Foundation 
3.  This magic moment  -  Jay & the Americans
4.  Games people play  -  Joe South 
5.  Hang 'em high  -  Booker T. & the MGs

6.  You showed me  -  The Turtles 
7.  This girl's in love with you  -  Dionne Warwick 
8.  I've gotta be me  -  Sammy Davis, Jr.
9.  Things I'd like to say  -  The New Colony Six  
10. Baby, baby don't cry  -  Smokey Robinson & the Miracles 
Credence Clearwater Revival
M A R C H   15,  1969

1.  Dizzy  -  Tommy Roe
2.  Proud Mary  -  Credence Clearwater Revival
3.  Traces  -  Classics IV featuring Dennis Yost 
4.  Time of the season  -  The Zombies
5.  The weight  -  Aretha Franklin

6.  Indian giver  -  1910 Fruitgum Co.
7.  Runaway child running wild  -  The Temptations 
8.  My whole world ended (The moment you left me)  -  David Ruffin
9.  25 miles  -  Edwin Starr
10. Try a little tenderness  -  Three Dog Night 
5th Dimension 
A P R I L   12,  1969

1.  Aquarius / Let the sunshine in  -  The 5th Dimension
2.  You've made me so happy  -  Blood, Sweat & Tears 
3.  Galveston  -  Glen Campbell
4.  Only the strong survive  -  Jerry Butler
5.  Gimme gimme good lovin'  -  The Crazy Elephant

6.  Sweet cherry wine  -  Tommy James & the Shondells 
7.  Rock me  -  Steppenwolf
8.  I can hear music  -  The Beach Boys 
9.  Don't give in to him  -  Gary Puckett & the Union Gap
10. Do your thing -  The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band 
M A Y   17,  1969

1.  Get back / Don't let me down  -  The Beatles
2.  Hair  -  The Cowsills 
3.  These eyes  -  The Guess Who
4.  Love (Can make you happy)  -  Mercy
5.  The boxer  -  Simon & Garfunkel 

6.  Hawaii Five-O  -  The Ventures
7.  Atlantis  -  Donovan 
8.  Time is tight (instr.)  -  Booker T. & the MGs
9.  It's your thing  -  The Isley Brothers
10.  Gitarzan  -  Ray Stevens
Henry Mancini 
 J U N E  21,  1969

1.  Love Theme from 'Romeo and Juliet'  -  Henry Mancini
2.  Bad moon rising  -  Credence Clearwater Revival
3.  In the ghetto  -  Elvis Presley 
4.  One  -  Three Dog Night 
5.  Oh Happy Day  -  The Edwin Hawkins' Singers 

6.  Grazing in the grass  -  The Friends of Distinction
7.  Too busy thinking about my baby  -  Marvin Gaye 
8.  Good morning starshine  -  Oliver 
9.  The river is wide  -  The Grass Roots 
10. Israelites  -  Desmond Dekker & the Aces 
Blood, Sweat & Tears
J U L Y  12,  1969

1.  In the year 2525  -  Zager & Evans
2.  Spinning wheel  -  Blood, Sweat & Tears
3.  Good morning starshine  -  Oliver 
4.  The ballad of John & Yoko  -  The Beatles 
5.  Crystal blue persuasion  -  Tommy James & the Shondells

6.  My cherie amour  -  Stevie Wonder 
7.  Baby, I love you  -  Andy Kim 
8.  What does it take (To win your love?)  -  Jr. Walker & the All Stars
9.  Mother Popcorn (You got to have a mother for me)  -  James Brown
10. Color him father  -  The Winstons 
AUGUST  16,  1969

1.  Honky tonky women  -  The Rolling Stones
2.  Sweet Caroline  -  Neil Diamond
3.  Ruby don't take your love to town  -  Kenny Rogers & the First Edition 
4.  A boy named Sue  -  Johnny Cash
5.  Baby, I love you  -  Andy Kim

6.  My pledge of love  -  The Joe Jeffrey Group 
7.  Abraham, Martin and John  -  Moms Mabley
8.  Laughing  -  The Guess Who 
9.  Put a little love in your heart  -  Jackie DeShannon
10. Polk salad Annie  -  Tony Joe White 
SEPTEMBER  20,  1969

1.  Sugar sugar  -  The Archies
2.  Green river  -  Credence Clearwater Revival 
3.  Get together  -  Youngbloods
4.  Lay lady lay  -  Bob Dylan 
5.  I'll never fall in love again  -  Tom Jones

6.  Hurt so bad  -  The Lettermen 
7.  Soul deep  -  The Box Tops 
8.  Commotion  -  Credece Clearwater Revival
9.  I'd wait a million years  -  The Guess Who 
10.  Kem-o-Sabe  -  The Electric Indian

OCTOBER  11,  1969

1.  I can't get next to you  -  The Temptation
2.  Hot fun in the summertime  -  Sly & the Family Stone
3.  Everybody's talkin'  -  Nilsson  
4.  Jean  -  Oliver
5.  Easy to be hard  -  Three Dog Night

6.  Little woman  -  Bobby Sherman
7.  This girl's a woman now  -  Gary Puckett & the Union Gap 
8.  Oh, What a night  -  The Dells 
9.  Tracy  -  The Cuff Links
10. I'm gonna make you mine  -  Lou Christie 
Laura Nyro wrote 'Wedding bell blues' (5th Dimension) and 'When I die' (Blood, Sweat & Tears)

NOVEMBER  8,  1969

1.  Wedding bell blues  -  The 5th Dimension
2.  Something / Come together  -  The Beatles
3.  And when I die  -  Blood, Sweat & Tears
4.  Suspicious minds  -  Elvis Presley
5.  Take a letter Maria  -  R.B. Greaves

6.  Baby, it's you  -  Smith 
7.  Smile a little smile for me  -  The Flying Machine
8.  Yester-me, yester-you, yesterday  -  Stevie Wonder 
8.  Eli's coming  -  Three Dog Night 
9.  Baby, I'm for real  -  The Originals  
10. Backfield in motion  -  Mel & Tim 
DECEMBER  20,  1969

1.  Leaving on a jet plane  -  Peter, Paul & Mary
2.  Na na hey hey kiss him goodbye  -  Steam
3.  Someday we'll be together  -  Diana Ross & the Supremes
4.  Down on the corner / Fortunate son  -  Credence Clearwater Revival
5.  Holly holy  -  Neil Diamond 

6.  Heaven knows  -  The Grass Roots 
7.  Whole lotta love  -  Led Zeppelin 
8.  Kozmic blues  -  Janis Joplin 
9.  Wonderful world, beautiful people  -  Jimmy Cliff  
10. Jam up jelly tight  -  Tommy Roe 
Peter, Paul & Mary had their only # One in the last month of the 1960s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment