Sunday 1 September 2013

1977 USA Hit Parade

Listen to all 1977 hits on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX7qvrG9vhc

JANUARY  15,  1977

1.  You make me feel like dancing  -  Leo Sayer
2.  I wish  -  Stevie Wonder
3.  Car wash  -  Rose Royce
4.  Somebody to love  -  Queen
5.  Lost without your love  -  Bread

6.  Walk this way  -  Aerosmith
7.  Dazz  -  Brick
8.  Enjoy yourself  -  The Jacksons
9.  Livin' thing  -  Electric Light Orchestra
10.  Hot line  -  The Sylvers
FEBRUARY  12,  1977

1.  New kid in town  -  Eagles
2.  Torn between two lovers  -  Mary MacGregor
3.  Blinded by the light  -  Manfred Mann's Earth Band
4.  Go your own way  -  Fleetwood Mac
5.  I like dreamin'  -  Kenny Nolan

6.  Weekend in New England  -  Barry Manilow
7.  Whodunit  -  Tavares
8.  Boogie child  -  Bee Gees
9.  Darlin' darlin' baby  -  O'Jays
10. Moody blue / She thinks I still care  -  Elvis Presley
M A R C H  5, 1977

1.  Evergreen (Love theme from 'A star is born')  -  Barbra Streisand
2.  Dancing queen  -  Abba
3.  Fly like an eagle  -  Steve Miller Band
4.  Year of the cat  -  Al Stewart
5.  Night moves  -  Bob Seger

6.  Your love -  Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.
7.  Carry on wayward son  -  Kansas
8.  Lido shuffle  -  Boz Scaggs
9.  You are on my mind  -  Chicago
10. The first cut is the deepest  -  Rod Stewart
A P R I L   23,  1977

1.  Don't leave me this way  -  Thelma Houston
2.  Rich girl  -  Daryl Hall & John Oates
3.  Don't give up on us  -  David Soul
4.  The things we do for love  -  10cc
5.  Southern nights  -  Glen Campbell

6.  Maybe I'm amazed  -  Paul McCartney & Wings
7.  I've got love on my mind  -  Natalie Cole
8.  So in to you  -  Atlanta Rhythm Section
9.  Right time of the night  -  Jennifer Warnes
10.  Tryin' to love two  -  William Bell
M A Y   21,  1977

1.  Sir Duke  -  Stevie Wonder
2.  Hotel California  -  Eagles
3.  When I need you  -  Leo Sayer
4.  I'm your boogie man  -  K.C. & the Sunshine Band
5.  Couldn't get it right  -  Climax Blues Band

6.  Feels like the first time  -  Foreigner
7.  Lucille  -  Kenny Rogers
8.  Lonely boy  -  Andrew Gold
9.  Calling doctor love  -  Kiss
10. I wanna get next to you  -  Rose Royce
J U N E   18,  1977

1.  Dreams  -  Fleetwood Mac
2.  Got to give it up (Part 1)  -  Marvin Gaye
3.  Undercover angel  -  Alan O'Day
4.  Gonna fly now (Theme from 'Rocky')  -  Bill Conti
5.  Heard it in a love song  -  Marshall Tucker Band

6.  Ain't gonna bump no more (With no big fat woman)  -  Joe Tex
7.  Life in the fast lane  -  Eagles
8.  Do you wanna make love?  -  Peter McCann
9.  It's sad to belong  -  England Dan & John Ford Coley
10. High School dance  -  The Sylvers
J U L Y   30,  1977

1.  I just want to be your everything  -  Andy Gibb
2.  Da doo ron ron  -  Shaun Cassidy
3.  I'm in you  -  Peter Frampton
4.  Looks like we made it  -  Barry Manilow
5.  Your love has lifted me higher

6.  I don't love you anymore  -  Teddy Pendergrass
7.  Jet airliner  -  Steve Miller Band
8.  Angel in your arms  -  Hot
9.  Margaritaville  -  Jimmy Buffett
10.  My heart belongs to me  -  Barbra Streisand
AUGUST  20,  1977

1.  Best of my love  -  Emotions
2.  Easy  -  Commodores
3.  You and me  -  Alice Cooper
4.  Barracuda  -  Heart
5.  Watcha gonna do?  -  Pablo Cruise

6.  Just a song before I go  -  Crosby, Stills & Nash
7.  On and on  -  Stephen Bishop
8.  You made me believe in magic  -  Bay City Rollers
9.  Smoke from a distant fire  -  The Sanford/Townsend Band
10. Knowing me, knowing you  -  Abba
SEPTEMBER  24,  1977

1.  (Your love has lifted me) Higher and higher  -  Rita Coolidge
2.  Star Wars Theme / Cantina Band  -  Meco
3.  Don't stop  -  Fleetwood Mac
4.  Handy man  -  James Taylor
5.  Float on (instr.)  -  The Floaters

6.  Strawberry Letter #23  -  The Brothers Johnson
7.  Telephone line  -  Electric Light Orchestra
8.  Cold as ice  -  Foreigner
9.  Don't worry, baby  -  B.J. Thomas
10. Star Wars (Main Theme)  -  The London Symphony Orchestra
OCTOBER  22,  1977

1.  You light up my life  -  Debbie Boone
2.  Nobody does it better  -  Carly Simon
3.  Keep it comin' love  -  K.C. & the Sunshine Band
4.  Heaven on the 7th floor  -  Paul Nicholas
5.  Swaying to the music  -  Johnny Rivers

6.  That's rock'n'roll  -  Shaun Cassidy
7.  Brick house  -  Commodores
8.  Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours  -  Peter Frampton
9.  I just want to make love to you  -  Foghat
10. Do you wanna get funky with me?  -  Peter Brown
NOVEMBER  19,  1977

1.  Don't it make my brown eyes blue  -  Crystal Gayle
2.  Baby, what a big surprise  -  Chicago
3.  I feel love  -  Donna Summer
4.  We're all alone  -  Rita Coolidge
5.  Native New Yorker  -  Odyssey

6.  It's ecstasy when you lay down next to me  -  Barry White
7.  You make loving fun  -  Fleetwood Mac
8.  Isn't it time?  -  The Babys
9.  We just disagree  -  Dave Mason
10. Calling occupants of interplanetary craft  -  Carpenters
DECEMBER  24,  1977

1.  How deep is your love  -  Bee Gees
2.  Blue Bayou  -  Linda Ronstadt
3.  (Every time I turn around) Back in love again  -  L.T.D.
4.  Dance dance dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)  -  Chic
5.  It's so easy  -  Linda Ronstadt

6.  Hey Deanie  -  Shaun Cassidy
7.  Help is on its way  -  Little River Band
8.  Sentimental lady  -  Bob Welch
9.  Swingtown  -  The Steve Miller Band
10. Your smiling face  -  James Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment