Sunday 1 September 2013

1979 USA Hit Parade

JANUARY  13,  1979

1.  Too much heaven  -  Bee Gees
2.  Y.M.C.A.  -  Village People
3.  My life  -  Billy Joel
4.  Hold the line  -  Toto
5.  Got to be real  -  Cheryl Lynn

6.  Oh baby baby  -  Linda Ronstadt
7.  You stepped into my life  -  Melba Moore
8.  September  -  Earth, Wind & Fire
9.  Living it up  -  Bell & James
10. Promises  -  Eric Clapton & His Band
FEBRUARY  10,  1979

1.  Do ya think I'm sexy?  -  Rod Stewart
2.  A little more love  -  Olivia Newton-John
3.  Lotta love  -  Nicolette Larson
4.  Fire  -  Pointer Sisters
5.  Somewhere in the night  -  Barry Manilow

6.  Shake your groove thing  -  Peaches & Herb
7.  We've got tonight  -  Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
8.  Everyone's a winner  -  Hot Chocolate
9.  I don't know if it's right  -  Evelyn 'Champagne' King
10. I was made for dancin'  -  Leif Garrett
M A R C H  10,  1979

1.  I will survive  -  Gloria Gaynor
2.  Tragedy  -  Bee Gees
3.  Sultans of Swing  -  Dire Straits
4.  Don't cry out loud  -  Melissa Manchester
5.  Heaven knows  -  Donna Summer & Brooklyn Dreams

6.  Haven't stopped dancing yet  -  Gonzales
7.  Shake it  -  Ian Matthews
8.  Keep on dancin'  -  Gary's Gang
9.  Soul man  -  The Blue Brothers
10. What you won't do for love  -  Bobby Caldwell
A P R I L  14,  1979

1.  What a fool believes  -  The Dobbie Brothers
2.  Heart of glass  -  Blondie
3.  Knock on wood  -  Amii Stewart
4.  He's the greatest dancer  -  Sister Sledge
5.  Disco nights (Rock-Freak)  -  GQ

6.  Lady  -  Little River Band
7.  At midnight  -  T-Connection
8.  Take me home  -  Cher
9.  Every time I think of you  -  The Babys
10. I got my mind made up (You can get it girl)  -  Instant Funk
M A Y  12,  1979

1.  Reunited  -  Peaches & Herb
2.  Hot stuff  -  Donna Summer
3.  In the Navy  -  Village People
4.  Stumblin' in  -  Suzy Quatro & Chris Norman
5.  Good night tonight  -  Paul McCartney & Wings

6.  Music box dancer  -  Frank Mills
7.  Precious love  -  Bob Welch
8.  There but for the grace of God go I  -  Machine
9.  Ain't no stoppin' us now  -  McFadden & Whitehead
10. Shake your body (Down to the ground)  -  The Jacksons
J U N E  30,  1979

1.  Ring my bell  -  Anita Ward
2.  Love you inside out  -  Bee Gees
3.  We are family  -  Sister Sledge
4.  The logical song  -  Supertramp
5.  Just when I needed you most  -  Randy Vanwarmer

6.  Blow away  -  George Harrison
7.  Honesty  -  Billy Joel
8.  I want your love  -  Chic
9.  You take my breath away  -  Rex Smith
10. Love is the answer  -  England Dan & John Ford Coley
J U L Y  14,  1979

1.  Bad girls  -  Donna Summer
2.  Good times  -  Chic
3.  Chuck E.'s in love  -  Rickie Lee Jones
4.  She believes in me  -  Kenny Rogers
5.  Boogie wonderland  -  Earth, Wind & Fire

6.  Watcha gonna do with my lovin'?  -  Stephanie Mills
7.  You gonna make me love somebody else  -  The Jones Girls
8.  I want you to want me  -  Cheap Trick
9.  Shine a little love  -  Electric Light Orchestra
10. Makin' it  -  David Naughton
AUGUST  25,  1979

1.  My Sharona  -  The Knack
2.  You can't change that  -  Raydio
3.  The Main Event / Fight  -  Barbra Streisand
4.  When you're in love with a beautiful woman  -  Dr. Hook
5.  Gold  -  John Stewart

6.  I was made for lovin' you  -  Kiss
7.  Is she really going out with him?  -  Joe Jackson
8.  Mama can't buy you love  -  Elton John
9.  Young blood  -  Ricky Lee Jones 
10. Lead me on  -  Maxine Nightingale
SEPTEMBER  29,  1979

1.  Sad eyes  -  Robert John
2.  After the love has gone  -  Earth, Wind & Fire
3.  The devil went down to Georgia  -  The Charlie Daniels Band
4.  Don't bring me down  -  Electric Light Orchestra
5.  Goodbye stranger  -  Supertramp

6.  The boss  -  Diana Ross
7.  Come to me  -  France Joli
8.  Bad case of loving you (Doctor doctor)  -  Robert Palmer
9.  Sail on  -  Commodores
10. Let's go  -  The Cars
OCTOBER  13,  1979

1.  Don't stop 'til you get enough  -  Michael Jackson
2.  Rise  -  Herb Alpert
3.  Lonesome loser  -  The Little River Band
4.  I'll never love this way again  -  Dionne Warwick
5.  All of  my love  -  Led Zeppelin

6.  Good girls don't  -  The Knack
7.  Dirty white boys  -  Foreigner
8.  Ladies night  -  Kool & the Gang
9.  Heaven must have sent you  -  Bonnie Pointer
10. Driver's seat  -  Sniff 'n' the Tears
NOVEMBER  24,  1979

1.  No more tears (Enough is enough)  -  Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer
2.  Still  -  Commodores
3.  Heartache tonight  -  Eagles
4.  Pop Musik  -  M
5.  Tusk  -  Fleetwood Mac

6.  You decoracted my life  -  Kenny Rogers
7.  Dim all the lights  -  Donna Summer
8.  Ships  -  Barry Manilow
9.  Forever mine  -  O'Jays
10. Broken hearted me  -  Anne Murray
DECEMBER  15,  1979

1.  Babe  -  Styx
2.  Please don't go  -  K.C. & the Sunshine Band
3.  Escape (The Pina Colada song)  -  Rupert Holmes
4.  You're only lonely  -  J.D. Souther
5.  Crusin'  -  Smokey Robinson

6.  Send one your love  -  Stevie Wonder
7.  I want you tonight  -  Pablo Cruise
8.  Half the way  -  Crystal Gayle
9.  Take the long way home  -  Supertramp
10. Cool change  -  The Little River Band

No comments:

Post a Comment