Sunday 1 September 2013

1981 USA Hit Parade

Listen to all 1981 hits on:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZFZwWv8A8

JANUARY  31,  1981

1.  The tide is high  -  Blondie
2.  Guilty  -  Barbra Streisand & Barry Gibb
3.  Whip it  -  Devo
4.  Passion  -  Rod Stewart
5.  De do do do, de da da da   -  Police

6.  Tell it like it is  -  Heart
7.  I made it through the rain  -  Barry Manilow
8.  It's my turn  -  Diana Ross
9.  Never be the same  -  Christopher Cross
10. Suddenly  -  Olivia Newton-John & Cliff Richard
FEBRUARY  14,  1981

1.  Celebration  -  Kool & the Gang
2.  I love a rainy night  -  Eddie Rabbit
3.  Every woman in the world  -  Air Supply
4.  Hey nineteen  -  Steely Dan
5.  Same Old Lang Syne  -  Dan Fogelberg

6.  Giving it up for your love  -  Delbert McClinton
7.  A little in love  -  Cliff Richard
8.  Watching you  -  Slave
9.  Remote control  -  The Reddings
10. Let me be your angel  -  Stacy Lattisaw
M A R C H   14,  1981

1.  9 to 5  -  Dolly Parton
2.  Woman  -  John Lennon
3.  The best of times  -  Styx
4.  Crying  -  Don McLean
5.  Keep on loving you  -  REO Speedwagon

6.  The winner takes it all  -  Abba
7.  Together  -  Tierra
8.  What kind of fool  -  Barbra Streisand & Barry Gibb
9.  Hello again  -  Neil Diamond
10. Don't stop the music  -  Yarbrough & Peoples
A P R I L  11,  1981

1.  Kiss on my list  -  Daryl Hall & John Oates
2.  Rapture  -  Blondie
3.  While you see a chance  -  Steve Winwood
4.  Watching the wheels  -  John Lennon
5.  Don't stand so close to me  -  Police

6.  It's a love thing  -  The Whispers
7.  Fly away  -  Peter Allen
8.  Fantastic voyage  -  Lakeside
9.  Bon bon vie (Gimme the good life)  -  T.S.Monk
10. Treat me right  -  Pat Benatar
M A Y    2,  1981

1.  Morning train  (Nine to Five)  -  Sheena Easton
2.  Just the two of us  -  Grover Washington, Jr. & Bill Withers
3.  Being with you  -  Smokey Robinson
4.  Shaddap you face  -  Joe Dolce
5.  Angel of the morning  -  Juice Newton

6.  How 'bout us  -  Champaign
7.  Too much time on my hands  -  Styx
8.  I can't stand it  -  Eric Clapton & His Band
9.  Take it on the run  -  REO Speedwagon
10.  Magic man  -  Robert Winters & Fall
J U N E  6,  1981

1.  Bette Davis eyes  -  Kim Carnes
2.  Stars of 45 medley  -  Stars on 45
3.  Sukiyaki  -  Taste of Honey
4.  A woman needs love (Just like you do)  -  Ray Parker & Raydio
5.  Sweetheart  -  Frankie & the Knockouts

6.  Living inside myself  -  Gino Vanelli
7.  America  -  Neil Diamond
8. Watcha gonna do for me?  -  Chaka Khan
9.  Searching to find the one  -  Unlimited Touch
10. Two hearts  -  Stephanie Mills & Teddy Pendergrass
J U L Y  25,  1981

1.  Jessie's girl  -  Ricky Springfield
2.  All those years ago  -  George Harrison
3.  The one that you love  -  Air Supply
4.  Elvira  -  The Oak Ridge Boys
5.  You make my dreams  -  Daryl Hall & John Oates

6.  Love on a two-way street  -  Stacy Lattisaw
7.  I don't need you  -  Kenny Rogers
8.  You make my dreams  -  Daryl Hall & John Oates
9.  This little girl  -  Gary U.S. Bonds
10. Since I don't have you  -  Don McLean
AUGUST  15,  1981

1.  Believe it or not (Theme from 'Greatest American Hero')  -  Joey Scarbury
2.  Slow hand  -  Pointer Sisters
3.  Hearts  -  Marty Balin
4.  Boy from New York City  -  Manhattan Transfer
5.  The stroke  -  Billy Squire

6.  Time  -  The Alan Parsons Project
7.  Who's crying now  -  Journey
8.  Just be my lady  -  Larry Graham
9.  Sweet baby  -  Stanley Clark/George Duke
10. A heart in New York  -  Art Garfunkel
SEPTEMBER  19,  1981

1.  Endless love  -  Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
2.  Stop draggin' my heart around  -  Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty
3.  Urgent  -  Foreigner
4.  Queen of hearts  -  Juice Newton
5.  We're in this love together  -  Al Jarreau

6.  Hold on tight  -  Electric Light Orchestra
7.  Lady (You bring me up)  -  Commodores
8.  (There's) No gettin' over me  -  Ronnie Milsap
9.  The Beach Boys Medley  -  The Beach Boys
10.  The breakup song (They don't write 'em)  -  The Greg Khin Band
OCTOBER  17,  1981

1.  Arthur's Theme (Best that you can do)  -  Christopher Cross
2.  For your eyes only  -  Sheena Easton
3.  Here I am (Just when I thought I was over you)  -  Air Supply
4.  Step by step  -  Eddie Rabbit
5.  She's a bad mama Jama (She's built, she's stacked)  -  Carl Carlton

6.  Hard to say  -  Dan Fogelberg
7.  Never too much  -  Luther Vandross
8.  Just once  -  Quincy Jones featuring James Ingram
9.  Say goodbye to Hollywood  -  Billy Joel
10. When she was my girl  -  Four Tops
NOVEMBER  14,  1981

1.  Private eye  -  Daryl Hall & John Oates
2.  Start me up  -  Rolling Stones
3.  Leather and lace  -  Stevie Nicks & Don Henley
4.  Every little thing she does is magic  -  Police
5.  The night owls  -  The Little River Band

6.  I've done everything for you  -  Ricky Springfield
7.  The Theme from Hill Street Blues  -  Mike Post featuring Larry Carlton
8.  Yesterday's song  -  Neil Diamond
9.  Trying to live my life without you  -  Bob Seger
10. Silly  -  Deniece Williams
DECEMBER  12,  1981

1.  Physical  -  Olivia Newton-John
2.  Waiting for a girl like you  -  Foreigner
3.  Let's groove  -  Earth, Wind & Fire
4.  I can't go for that  -  Daryl Hall & John Oates
5.  Why do fools fall in love?  -  Diana Ross

6.  Harden my heart  -  Quarterflash
7.  Young Turks  -  Rod Stewart
8.  Oh no  -  Commodores .
9.  Don't stop believing  -  Journey
10. Waiting on a friend  -  Rolling Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment